Thursday, May 9, 2013

3D Art Journey

3D Art Journey

I am beginning a 3D Art Journey.

I have admired 3D art work for a long time, but have not felt the tools available for a low cost would reward serious effort until now.

I have become convinced that artists can do good work using DAZ3D Studio, which is free (at this time). You can find it at DAZ 3D Studio   Even though it is free, it will be necessary   to spend some money on models, plug-ins, etc. as time goes by.  But, unlike more powerful software with large up front costs, one can keep the expense under control.

I have had some experience with 3D software, on the other side of the screen, so to speak.  I have worked on CAD systems and game engines in the past and I am a professional artist.  However, I have not been much of a user of 3D software before and am seriously out of date as well.  So I have just about everything to learn.

You should know that my computer is old and slow and wimpy, wimpy, wimpy.  I will spend some time on how to cope with limited resources, escape crashes, and get more done.

My budget is very limited as well, so I will share information on available freebies and low budget goodies.

I invite you to join me in my journey as I learn to use the tools and develop an aesthetic.  Beginners can learn along with me and advice from more experienced artists will be most welcome.



0 comments: